Resource management software tracks, schedules, and optimizes the resources required for effective project management. This type of software application help users compare resource availability with demand and allocate voiced resources to complete assigned projects on time and within the prescribed company budget. Project managers can also leverage resource management tools to create schedules and plans for multiple types of tasks & projects.
Resource management software solutions should not be confused with project management tools. While project management software often includes features to allocate resources, resource management software does not cover tasks, milestones, or project portfolios. When delivered as a standalone product, resource management software needs to integrate with project management software or project and portfolio management software.
Key Features of a Resource Management Software
1. Customization: Resource management software include effective customization tools. They help users to add their own categories or create custom views, which can impact their comfort while using the tool. Apart from creating custom categories, the managers may also edit or disable unwanted features.
2. Overall View of the Big Picture: A set of resource management tools must provide a comprehensive, bigger picture of the events. For example, with powerful resource management tools, managers must be able to address overall resource needs, usage of resources, etc.
3. Reporting: Preparing insightful reports and analytics is one of the most important feature of a powerful resource management software. This tools helps businesses to uncover several patterns such as HR forecasting, resource requirement, etc. Reports are also important to evaluate the progress and financial viability of the business.
4. Third-Party Integrations: LAPI and integrations allow businesses to streamline their data-driven apps, and smoothen the import & export process. Effective API and third party integrations also help businesses to prevent slowing down of employees.
5. Mobile Access: Although, the majority of resource management functions can be performed on a desktop, but this doesn’t undermine the value of a mobile application. With the help of a mobile application, managers can remotely check the time taken to complete a project, employee schedule, and so much more.
Top Resource Management Software Solutions in 2022
Based on the reviews collected by 10GreatThings, we have listed the top resource management software solution available out there.
• Forecast: As per the Forecast reviews collected by our team, it is a simple-to-use resource management software that allows users to collaborate with team members and assign tasks to employees easily. It can also automatically schedule tasks to employees, depending upon the availability of the employee.
• Runn: Runn reviews state that tool is pretty effective and responsive especially while tracking projects, analyzing financial metrics, managing resources, and granting permissions to employees. Runn resource management tool enables businesses to have a bird’s eye view of company resources, budget, etc. It is secure and reliable platform with a wide customer base spread across the globe.
• Monday.com: Next in the list is Monday.com. This software is said to be a brilliant resource management software that allows users to allocate resources, manage budget, track resource availability, and so much more. Apart from resource management functions, Monday.com also excels in managing workload, hybrid teams, and petty work-related issues that occur at the workplace.
• Third-Party Integrations: LAPI and integrations allow businesses to streamline their data-driven apps, and smoothen the import & export process. Effective API and third party integrations also help businesses to prevent slowing down of employees.
• Mobile Access: Although, the majority of resource management functions can be performed on a desktop, but this doesn’t undermine the value of a mobile application. With the help of a mobile application, managers can remotely check the time taken to complete a project, employee schedule, and so much more.
Resource management software is a must-have application for businesses and organizations that tend to survive in the long run amidst this fierce competition. It is important to select the best resource management software for best and effective results.
If you are looking to invest in a resource management software, it is recommended to analyze product reviews, advantages, features, and more with 10GreatThings
Click here to know more about Resource Management Software with 10GreatThings.